16 August, 2005

Cryptoquizzes

I like to do word puzzles—they’re a fun way to pass the time when I’m sitting around waiting for something, and they’re a good way to wind down before I go to sleep. They’re also a prime procrastination activity.

And in the interest of helping out fellow procrastinators who are also spankos, I thought I’d offer a few “Cryptoquizzes.” (Also known as “Crypto-clans” and other things, depending on the brand of puzzle magazine you bought) These are lists of words, for which all of the words in the list use the same code. For instance, G might stand for M in all of the words in a particular list. The code is different for each set of words, of course!

Spanking Implements

JKLLDP
EPDY
IKZP
NKSOEOMAN
CVVLPZ AJVVZ
NKZL
ACSYIN
AYOKJ

Adjectives

WQKT WGZZGDTR
LZKOHTR
KTR IGZ
KTHTFZQFZ
WKQZZM
GCTK ZIT AFTT
KTUKTZYXS
HXFOLITR

Things People Say

YCHG TBCQ
HTK JT APQG!
NXII GTMH VTXQ NPHKJ
TXFA!
JKPV OH NTJOKOTH
KAPHU VTX DPV O APBC PHTKACQ?
FTXHK KAC JKQTUCJ
APQGCQ NICPJC!

Note: the code for the first set was random, but I used a certain logic for the second two sets. Extra points to those who can figure out how I decided to switch the letters!

I’ll give y’all a while to figure out the answers, and then I’ll post the solution.

No comments: