29 July, 2005

Getting Started

It's hard for me to start anything, these days, so I don't know why I'm adding one more thing to the pile.

People say I'm a perfectionist. My response to that is, "If I were a perfectionist, I wouldn't make mistakes." But experts say that procrastination is a major symptom of perfectionism, and I admit freely that I am a procrastinatrix extraordinaire. So instead of doing the work I need to be doing, I'm finding myself starting a blog.

And now that I've started, I'm finding myself wanting to procrastinate on this, as well. One part of me wants to have the blog--It's been a year or more since I've considered starting a blog about spanking. But then there's a lot of vulnerability, and I am NOT good with being vulnerable. But I'll be posting my thoughts, and stories I have written or will write, and who knows what else.

A little about me: I'm a married dyke (married to a woman), a graduate student, and, as I said before, a procrastinatrix extraordinaire. And probably a perfectionist, too.

I'm sure there's a lot more to say, but I'll get to it in other posts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In a time that now seems like a different world, long
ago, before the Web, at a time when even the Internet
was young (and used only by scientists and engineers)
there was not a lot of spanking literature around.
I read everything I could find. One of the books
I read and still treasure was a book titled
"Coming to Power", a book of essays and erotica about
lesbian power exchange sex, including spanking (the
book includes a few wonderful stories). Back in
those days power exchange sex was considered
politically incorrect. "Coming to Power" and
the writings of Susie Bright argued for sex positive
feminism that could include power exchange.

I mention all this dusty history because it struck me
that maybe the world has moved on a bit. Power exchange
sex and being a lesbian and feminist is not considered
so radical anymore

Examples of this are this wonderful blog and the
equally wonderful "Red Bottom Girls" by Brat and Pink.
Reading your wonderful writing, spanking seems natural.
No struggling with whether it is politically incorrect
or abusive.

This is perhaps an overly wordy way of saying thanks for
the wonderful blog. It has made a great start and
I look forward to reading more. I feel blessed to
find such am amazing wealth of spanking writing and
thought (sounds strange - spanking thought - but
there we go). I continue to be fascinated by the fact
that the vast majority of this writing is by women,
straight and lesbian (I'm starting to wonder why
it is that there is so little material by men).

Best,

Wintermute

Natty said...

Yay! So glad you started a blog. I've missed you on the newsgroup and now can come read you whenever I want. :)

me said...

Lovely to run into your blog -- I'd like to link to you (I always like good writing & stories) if you don't mind.

I had to chuckle at "So instead of doing the work I need to be doing, I'm finding myself starting a blog.
And now that I've started, I'm finding myself wanting to procrastinate on this, as well."

I can so relate to that! Furthermore, that funny pressure to blog is weird. Also, finding topics to write on a spanking blog about when your world at times is sans spanking is comical.

The irony is that I'm currently procrastinating on work -- reading blogs! Namely, yours. So, see how you are helping to keep the cycle of procrastination going? :)

Cheers!

poiesia

Lee said...

I enjoyed reading this